Sparx Hockey is seeking an experienced Art Director to join our rapidly growing team. You’re an ideal candidate if you’re a creative, hard-working, highly-competitive team-player and a problem-solver. The Sparx Hockey Art Director will translate marketing and branding strategies into engaging images, layouts, manuals, packaging, advertising pieces, marketing collateral, webpages, videos and other consumer-facing designs.
As Art Director, you will be an important member of the Sparx Hockey marketing team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing. In this integral role, you will be responsible for helping to further develop the Sparx brand and build deep connections with hockey consumers around the world.
- You will be a great visual and video storyteller.
- Design and create captivating content and graphics to be used on all forms of Sparx Hockey customer communications (including digital and social, advertisements and product packaging).
- Ensure our brand has a consistent look and feel but evolve creative with market and consumer trends.
- Ability to shoot and gather photo and video assets and edit imagery into engaging, consumer-facing content for use across a wide variety of channels.
- Develop, write and edit compelling written content for use in traditional media, blog posts and other digital media.
- Must have the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously, producing from concept through completion, while meeting overall corporate and brand goals.
- Work with Social Media Manager to produce and post content and advertisements for all Sparx Hockey social media channels.
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the Sparx brand marketing team across different types of media
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide creative direction
- Have outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-up
- Various other tasks as needed including serving as brand ambassador at consumer, retail and grassroots events.
- A Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, art direction or a related field
- 6+ years of experience at an agency, in-house or at a start-up with strong design portfolio
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) with extensive photography/video experience
- Experience with direct marketing or online marketing campaigns
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Video editing experience desired with experience using graphics and video software (Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, etc.)
- Resourceful, self-reliant and creative in finding ways to solve tough business problems
- Excellent writer and editor with an ability to generate strong story ideas
- Deep understanding of social media best practices, trends and growth strategy
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Passion for hockey and/or sports is a plus
- *This role requires candidates to submit an online portfolio*
Relocation assistance is not available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
LInk to Apply: