Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Sparx Hockey is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the team and be the primary technical liaison with our Asian manufacturing operations. This is a newly established role in a dynamic startup and the successful candidate will play a key role in the company’s continued growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality teams to define and measure excellence in the manufacture of our product.
- Interface directly with offshore Contract Manufacturing and US-based Engineering teams in support of ongoing production and new product development.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve product quality and yields at the CM and key suppliers.
- Qualify new suppliers and define component requirements, inspection methods and tests.
- Validate quality inspections at the CM and key supplier’s facilities.
- Oversee second source projects and continuously monitor the risk of existing supplier /component obsolescence.
- Participate in the concept development, design and transfer of product improvements into production utilizing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Identify and lead the implementation of improvements in the supply chain.
- Lead the analysis of defective components found in Incoming Inspection and work with suppliers and Engineering teams to resolve issues.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 5 plus years as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Knowledge of injection molding, machining, and metal working processes.
- Knowledge of Printed Circuit Assembly fabrication and electrical wiring.
- Strong understanding of fixture / gage design concepts
- Knowledge of Process Capability and data analysis using statistical tools.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Overseas travel (about 30%, but could be more at critical phases).